On January 9, 1951, 52 Christians in Amarillo, Texas a group of believers discovered a need for a church on what was then the edge of the city. They began meeting at the Amarillo Children’s Home until the building was completed in 1952, and they still maintain close ties with ACH to this day. Over the years, WPC has carried the good news of Jesus Christ into the world, nurtured Christians in the faith, and participated in the transformation of people’s lives. Today, WPC continues in its mission to see every person in our community encounter the transformational hope of the Gospel every day.